Members of the British Military Mission at the Headquarters of the National Liberation Army and PO of Macedonia
ENGLISH MILITARY MISSION AT THE NEW AND POMOF HEADSIDE (September 1943 – 24 Ⅵ 1945). In September 1943 the British Special Operations Service (SOE) sent two military missions on the territory of Macedonia that were supposed to join the GH of the NOV and PO of Macedonia in Crvena Voda. The first mission, codenamed Monkesernenz, was led by George Quain, and the second, codenamed Mullightagnes, was headed by Mostin Davis. Members of both missions were descended on the territory of Albania. By the end of September, the two missions came to the territory of Macedonia. On October 5, 1943 the mission of Mostin Davis arrived at GH on NOV and POM, where George Quain mission arrived in the previous days. By the end of the war, seven British military missions were sent to the larger units of the NO and POM and directly followed and reported their headquarters in Cairo to the fight of the Macedonian partisans. First quantities Members of the British Military Mission at the Headquarters of the National Liberation Army and PO of British Arms arrived on 7 October 1943. After the liberation, the missions moved to Skopje, some of them evacuated, and some remained informed about the events in Macedonia. The British missions on the territory of Vardar Macedonia remained until June 1945, when the first British Consulate opened (June 24, 1945). The first British consul after the Liberation was Leonard Arthur Scopup. LIT: Dr. Todor Chepreganov, British Special Operations Directorate (SOE) in Macedonia: British Military Missions in Macedonia (1942-1945), Skopje, 2001; Great Britain and Macedonia. Documents 1942-1945. Selection, translation and editorial staff Dr. Todor Chepreganov, Skopje, 2000. T. Ch.
This post is also available in:
English English French German Russian Spanish Albanian Albanian Croatian Hungarian Hungarian Polish Polish Serbian Turkish Bulgarian