ANASTASOVI – a family from Krushevo who was engaged in painting during ⅩⅠⅩ v. The oldest one that is known is Anastasius Hristov, whose signed icons in the church "St. Mother of God "in the village. Bela Crkva near Krusevo dates back to 1826. Signing in Greek and Church Slavonic language, Anastasius's icons follow up to the 60's on ⅩⅠⅩ v., Especially in Gevgelija, Kavadarci and in the Western part of Macedonia. In literature it is also named as Atanas. His sons Vangel, Kosta (Kostadin) and Nikola Anastasi are among the most fertile painters in the renovated or newly built churches in the second half of ⅩⅠⅩ c. Work equally on wall painting and icon painting, most often all together or separately. Their signatures are found in the churches in Prilep, Demir Hisar, Krushevo, Kavadarechko, and on the territory of today's Greece. These painters paint quickly, hence the quantity of works, without artistic ambitions, are at the level of craftsmanship. LIT: A. Vasiliev, Bulgarian Revival Masters, Sofia, 1965, 278-279; K. Balabanov, Krusevo and Krushevo, Krushevo, 1978, 311-313; A. Nikolovski, Evidence and professional documentation of the religious buildings in the Krushevo region, "Cultural Heritage", 14-15, Skopje, 1990, 135-136; Tsv. Grozdanov, The Art and Culture of the ⅩⅠⅩ century in Western Macedonia, Skopje, 2004; V. Popovska-Korobar, Icons from the Museum of Macedonia, Skopje, 2004, 324. V. П.-К.
This post is also available in:
English English French German Russian Spanish Albanian Albanian Croatian Hungarian Hungarian Polish Polish Serbian Turkish Bulgarian